Larry K. Sargeant Endowment Fund
“Strengthening the Fabric of Our Community” is the essence of The Larry K. Sargeant Endowment Fund. Its purpose is to build a permanent source of income to meet the needs of the neediest Warren County residents served by Warren County Community Services, Inc. (WCCS). WCCS is a non-profit, 501(c)(3), charitable, social-service agency serving our vulnerable children, struggling families, and fragile elderly. Larry Sargeant served as Executive Director for 38 years and retired in 2011.
Meeting the initial goal to grow the Fund to $100,000.00 will support WCCS with up to $5,000.00 of endowment income each year – without touching the principal.
Only through your generous support will this goal be met. More importantly, it will ensure that our community becomes even stronger throughout the years.
The Larry K. Sargeant Endowment Fund is managed by the Warren County Foundation, with direction from WCCS. The Warren County Foundation is a non-profit, community foundation. It is governed by a board of community leaders and is audited annually by an outside auditor. Contributions to the fund are tax-deductible.
- Gifts of any size may be designated towards the Fund and are much appreciated. No gift is too small.
- Gifts of $1,000 or more will be recognized on The Larry K. Sargeant Endowment Fund Honor Roll.
- Gifts of $10,000 will enable an annual grant up to $500 (each year after the 1st year) to be made in your name to support WCCS.
- Gifts of $20,000 will ensure that an annual grant up to $1000 (each year after the 1st year) will be made in your name to support WCCS.
You may designate your gift to a specific WCCS program or used where needed most.
HOW TO GIVE
All are invited to contribute to the Fund as it is only through many generous donations that the goal can be met and grow. Your tax-deductible contributions may take many forms:
- Give one-time gift by check or with stock, bonds, or mutual funds.
- Pledge gifts over one, two, three, or more years.
- Name the Fund in your will or trust, or as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Give tangible personal property or real estate. In addition, if you are at least 701/2 years old, you may make non-taxable transfers from personal IRAs to the Fund. The maximum transfer is $100,000. The amount you transfer will be credited toward your minimum distribution requirement for the year.
Download Donation Card
Please make checks payable to The Warren County Foundation, indicate “Larry Sargeant Fund” on the check memo line, and mail to:
Warren County Foundation
P.O. Box 1315
Lebanon, OH 45036
For gifts other than check, please contact the Warren County Foundation at 513-934-1001 for direction.
Contact Eugene Rose, WCCS Executive Director, at 513-695-2201 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org; or Jim Bliss, Warren County Foundation, 513-934-1001, email@example.com for more information.
Donate by mail:
Print out a donation form and mail it with your gift.
Donate online at:
Read Client Experiences:
- Ava and Donald's Story
- Inez's Story
- Deborah's Story
- Aiden's Story
- Miriam's Story
- Marilyn's Story
- Susan's Story